Tuesday, May 6, 2014

GMO in Cat Litter!!!!!!!!!!

Let me preface this post by saying 1 ) I do NOT use NOR endorse this product for a variety of reasons 2) I am just SHARING this persons information/events/concerns - as always use your own judgement , ask questions etc.


World's Best litter may cause kidney failure
Tue May 6, 2014 4:51 pm (PDT) . Posted by:
"Deb Leone" ctkittymom
Cross Posting with permission.. ..
Hello Everyone,
This information just came up on Face Book yesterday, Worlds Best Cat Litter is using corn that has been GMO (genetically modified organism) modified with Round up ready pesticide.
I called the Worlds Best Cat Litter today # 1-877-367-9225 and asked them if this was true. They said yes that some of the corn that is being used is exactly that. Their reply was they did not see it being a issue since it was not corn being used for consumption.
I explained that I am a Ragdoll Breeder and for years have recommended this litter for our kittens because a lot of times our kittens starting off using their litter box will EAT the litter. I further went on to explain that their systems can not take this kind of toxicity and this can cause them kidney failure and or death.
Our adult cats lick their paws which could also possibly be ingesting the Toxic litter.
I gave them my name and phone number in case they wanted to contact me again. I also told them I will no longer recommend this litter nor will I use it again until they go to a 100% corn that is NON GMO!!!
Please call them and let them know your feelings.... plus for the safety of your cats and kittens I would not use this litter.
I am posting this everywhere that I can to reach both the public and my kitten families.
God Bless,
Mary
Cliff and Mary Riddell
Above All Ragdolls
get Furreal Ragdolls

Please note - again Kender Siberians  does NOT use, endorse or recommend World's Best Litter. We HAVE used it in the past , yes - HOWEVER  We do not recommend this product for the following reasons. 1) my sons asthma will immediately kick off around it ,even in a show hall he finds it difficult to breathe around it 2) while they claim it is an all natural product , the process they use to clean the corn so it is those perfect creamy white pebbles uses not only bleaching agents but formaldehyde as well. And the kitties DO ingest some of the product and 3) finally while yes the product is "made" and bagged here in the US - at no time have I EVER found from WHERE they purchase their base product. Meaning it COULD very easily come from China. These were my concerns and why we did not recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the info. I stopped using World's Best after seeing yours and other posts about the GMO corn. Now I'm even gladder that I did. What do you use now?

    ReplyDelete